Tahajjud Prayer Method and Benefits: In Islam Salah is one of the most fundamental components. Salah is fard five times a day. Apart from fard Salah there are some of Nafl Salah as well. The Nafl Salah are not obligatory but have a huge importance. Prayer is the resemblance of the fact to obey the orders of Allah to have HIS blessings and mercy. The Nafl prayers are also known as the supererogatory prayers which are optional and praying or not is purely dependent on the person.
The Nafl Prayer of Tahajjud
The word Nafl is an Arabic which means to get something extra. Salah Tahajjud is one of the nafl prayers that Muslims across the world are performing. The Tahajjud Salah is offered in the midnight. The statement of Qur’an regarding Salah Tahajjud is that “And from [part of] the night, pray with it as additional [worship] for you; it is expected that your Lord will resurrect you to a praised station”.
The Timing of Salah Tahajjud
The Salah of Tahajjud is offered during the last stages of the night. When the night is about to fall and is the time of dawn. The time of Salah is beginning as soon as it’s midnight. The Salah of Tahajjud cannot be offered directly after Isha. It is offered by the time when Isha prayer is late already. The ideal way of offering Salah Tahajjud is to wake up from having sleep, almost an hour before the Salah of Fajr.
Format and Conditions of the Salah Tahajjud
The following are some of the conditions and format of the Salah Tahajjud.
- You have to make clear intentions of offering the Salah Tahajjud and arrange something to wake up yourself in the last part of the night when its almost 1 hour to offer the Salah of Fajr.
- You have to sustain the complete state of cleanliness for carrying out the Salah of Tahajjud like you do for all five Fard prayers.
- You have to make ablution and make yourself clean before you are offering the Salah of Tahajjud.
- You have to be in a quiet place somewhere in the house where no one would be disturbing you.
- You have to clean your mind and heart from all kinds of worldly matters, problems, and worries to have concentration over the prayer.
- The Salah of the Tahajjud is of 2 rakah of nafl as a minimum amount and you can go as far as 12 rakah of nafl depending on the time and your willpower.
- You can consider offering Salah of Tahajjud with any of your family member such as wife or mother for having high rewards.
The Importance of Salah of Tahajjud
There is a great importance of the Salah of Tahajjud. It is very difficult to raise from sleep whether being winters or summers. It is very difficult to wake up at midnight or last portion of the night especially when you have had a hectic day at work or school. This is the reason why the Salah of Tahajjud is able to achieve you the greatest rewards for you in both this life and the life hereafter. The Noble Qur’an states that “And those who spend [part of] the night to their Lord prostrating and standing (in prayer)”.The ayah of Qur’an is clearly depicting the importance of Salah of Tahajjud and the prayer has a supreme sign of true disciples of the religion Islam. Allah Almighty has declared Muslims as HIS true and loyal servants who are offering Salah of Tahajjud along with other 5 farz prayers.